My friend introduced me to read the Alchemist almost a year ago and I finally finished it last week. I found it boring at first, but when I continued to read it and learnt the message the author intended to show. Wisdom, wisdom, wisdom. Basically, it is a story to encourage us to pursuit out dream, we shouldn't give up and follow our heart. Simply, the message we all know, and we all heard of it thousand and thousand times. But, are we really doing it? We, ordinary people, will follow everyone footstep and do whatever the reality wants. No one follow their heart, everyone blames and hates but none of us are willing to chase it.
I was struggling, or I am still struggling wether I should continue to study or start working after this year. There are so many concerns and uncertainty. Even until now, I cannot give an answer to myself. My friend, who recommended me to read this book, tried to encounter my negative thinking and concerns. He said "just follow your heart." Simple, but powerful words. His words reminded me a quote from the book.
"When a person really desires something, all the universe conspired to help that person to realise his dream." - The Alchemist
No one knows my choice is right or wrong. No matter which path I finally decided, life still goes on. There are pros and cons of everything. You will never know what you are going to get. Maybe at this stage, I should just do what he said, follow my heart.
I was struggling, or I am still struggling wether I should continue to study or start working after this year. There are so many concerns and uncertainty. Even until now, I cannot give an answer to myself. My friend, who recommended me to read this book, tried to encounter my negative thinking and concerns. He said "just follow your heart." Simple, but powerful words. His words reminded me a quote from the book.
"When a person really desires something, all the universe conspired to help that person to realise his dream." - The Alchemist
No one knows my choice is right or wrong. No matter which path I finally decided, life still goes on. There are pros and cons of everything. You will never know what you are going to get. Maybe at this stage, I should just do what he said, follow my heart.
Comments
Post a Comment